Tuesday 22 October 2013

Colourful Voices

A poetic response to "The Sound of Hollyhocks" by Hugh Garner


Your voice penetrates my mind like a sorrow bird
I clench my hands together in searing pain
As you tell me the truth of love
Oh sandra, you have killed my soul

The two voices argue, driving me insane
One chooses obedience, one chooses not
The world spins around my dilemma
Oh my mother, the Bitch of Belson, I shall thank

I want to shut my life away
In the cupboard, without voices
The colourful voices that had led me to death
Oh William, I want it all gone, take me away

I leave the beautiful voices behind




10 comments:

  1. Excellent poem! Good job! Your description is really vivid, creating an image in my mind! The picture is also really pretty! I enjoy it a lot :)

    Winny~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice poem and nice picture! I really liked the last line, it fits to the atmosphere of your poem. I also like the fact that you mentioned almost all of the characters in the story in your poem, and they seem to fit to every stanzas. Good work!

    AZ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great poem, I really like it, as the
    Cheerful Weini said it creates a picture in my mind:) Cool pic btw)
    VK

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the Poem. Also nice picture.
    I.C.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!good poem!
    I like the second part when you said there are two arguments
    Good picture, too
    H.H

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice job, Mei Ling!
    The poem really painted a picture in my mind, and the fact that there were two sort of voices speaking really showcased Bill's mental problem.

    ReplyDelete
  7. great job there! I liked your poem a lot and i liked your picture a lot too. Especially with the URL in it.
    A&W

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your imagery was very powerful and well written. I enjoyed this very much.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not only your poem but also your picture are excellent!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your description really created a powerful mood. I like how you portrayed Bill's mental problems as a struggle between two sides
    C.M.

    ReplyDelete